Information on this Site
4. Unless otherwise stated, you are permitted to access, view, copy, print (in limited quantities) or temporarily store textual material published by NZR on this Site for your personal use only. Any copyright notice on that information must be retained on the copy. You are not permitted to reproduce, adapt, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, anything from this Site without written permission from NZR.
5. While NZR has endeavoured to ensure that information on this Site is accurate, current and complete, we do not accept liability for any error, misstatement or omission.
6. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance on the content on this Site. If you want to rely on any material on this Site, you should contact NZR first.
NZR intellectual property rights
7. The copyright in all materials (including rights in text, graphics, arrangement and overall design of this Site) displayed or available on this Site belongs to NZR unless otherwise stated. If the owner of any material published on this Site is not NZR then your rights in relation to that material will be as defined by the copyright owner of the material.
8. To become a registered user of the Site, you must:
- complete a registration form and receive confirmation from NZR of your successful registration;
- be at least 18 years of age or have the express consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s); and
- provide accurate, complete and current information on your registration form.
NZR reserves the right to decline an application for registration in its absolute discretion. Registered users will have a selected username and password. You are responsible for keeping your username and password safe and secure.
Third party websites
9. This Site may contain links to third party websites. These third-party websites have not been prepared by and are not controlled by NZR. The links are provided for your convenience and informational purposes only and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the content on the third-party websites. NZR is not responsible for the content, validity, accuracy, or the use, of any other website. You should check the terms and conditions applicable to any other websites you use or verify such information with the third parties directly.
All liability excluded
10. Your use of this Site is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law:
- all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this Site or the content on or accessed through it; and
- NZR will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damage, or for any loss of profit, income or savings, or any costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you or any other person, arising out of, or in connection with, your access to, or use of, this Site or the content on or accessed through it.
11. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies, you may have rights or remedies which are not excluded or limited by the above. If you are using this Site or its content for business purposes, the above exclusions and limits will apply, and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
13. As a condition of the use of the Site, you agree to indemnify NZR and its affiliates, officials, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, other expenses (including costs and legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of this Site.
Children under 18 years of age
14. If you are under 18 years of age, you must obtain the approval of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before you:
- email the Site or ask NZR to email anything to you;
- send in any information, including your photo for player of the week, to NZR;
- register on the Site;
- enter any competition that requires information about you or offers a prize; and/or
- buy anything online.
By continuing to use this Site, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
SMALL BLACKS COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
16. Information on how to enter any competition on this Site (Competition) forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition or acceptance of any prize is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. NZR, PO Box 2172, Wellington 6140, is the promoter of this Competition (the Promoter).
18. This Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Any queries, comments or complaints about the Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. In participating in the Competition, you are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release Facebook or Instagram from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Competition or with any of the prizes offered.
19. The Competition is open to New Zealand residents of any age provided those under the age of 18 years obtain the consent of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) prior to entering the Competition.
20. Employees of the Promoter as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter the Competition.
21. To enter the Competition, you must be a registered user of www.smallblacks.com and answer the relevant question.
22. Only one entry per person is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified.
23. Details of the Competition, including details of the entry process will be communicated via the Site and the Small Blacks Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SmallBlacksTV.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, have removed or disqualify any entry that does not meet these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
25. The Competition commences and closes on the dates notified on the Site (Competition Period). Entries received after the Competition Period will be ineligible to enter the Competition.
26. The Competition prizes available consist as detailed on the Site.
27. All prize winners will be chosen via random draw.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner who does not comply with these terms and conditions and select a replacement winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
29. Once determined, the Prize winner(s) will be notified directly via email within seven (7) days of the end of the Competition Period.
30. The right to receive any prize is conditional upon the winner contacting the Promoter within 48 hours of being notified. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within this time, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and redraw a replacement winner.
31. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion require that the winner provide evidence of parental or legal guardian consent before awarding the Prize.
32. The winner of the Prize agrees to the Promoter sharing their photo through the social media channels of the Promoter, announcing them as the winner and his or her guest (if applicable), including their full name for no compensation.
33. Acceptance of the Prize(s) by the winner and his or her companion (if applicable) is deemed as acceptance by the winner and his or her companion (if applicable) of any terms and conditions imposed by any third-party supplier(s).
34. The prize only includes items as stated in clause 26. The Promoter is not responsible for the payment of any duties, fees or taxes, or any other expenses incurred in taking up the prize. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner. The prize cannot be converted into cash. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
35. The Promoter’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the prize (or any of its components) cannot be provided for reasons outside the Promoter’s reasonable control.
37. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter gives no representation, guarantee or warranty with respect to the prize provided under this Competition. In particular, the Promoter gives no warranty with respect to the quality of the Prize, its suitability or fitness for any purpose.
38. The winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies NZR and any third-party provider engaged for the purposes of this Competition in respect of any claim, demands, actions, losses, liabilities and suits arising out of or attributable to participation in the Competition and/or any use of the Prize.
39. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries into the Competition. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Competition database. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s electronic devices related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in relation to the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any of the Competition processes or engages in conduct that may damage the reputation of the Promoter or its affiliated entities at any time.
40. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Competition or with any prizes offered.
41. Any personal information relating to the winner or any other entrants provided on the Competition entry form is collected by the Promoter solely for the purposes of this Competition, will be used solely in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
42. This Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of New Zealand and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
43. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or modifies the consumer’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
44. If for any reason beyond its reasonable control the Promoter or its agents or contractors are unable to run the Competition as described, the Promoter reserves the right to postpone, extend, amend, re-schedule or cancel the Competition (the Change) at any time at its sole discretion on the provision of reasonable notice (which will include posting notice of the Change on the Site.